Be safe from lead poisoning
Lead is a highly toxic substance and exposure to it is known to cause a variety of health problems in children. These injuries, which are often irreversible, will affect children throughout their lives and may impede their future success. The National Safety Council estimates that there are more than 400,000 children under the age of six who have elevated levels of lead in their blood.
Children can be exposed to lead in several ways. The most common way, however, is for children to come in contact with lead-based paint in their own homes. Through chewing on woodwork or just common hand-to-mouth contact, children can unintentionally ingest lead particles. Any child living in a house built prior to 1978 could be at risk for lead poisoning and should be tested.
The most reliable process for lead testing
LA Mold Testing Inc., can test lead-based paint be using a portable X-Ray fluorescence (XRF) machine to test on-site. Paint chips, dust wipe, soil, or water samples can then be taken from the site to determine and assess the risk at a property. We will also test and inspect for clearance after the lead is removed to determine safety.
These tests are performed in accordance with Chapter 7 of HUD guidelines.
- Lead-Based Paint Inspection, HUD Inspections
- Lead Screen Transactions (Title 10 / Real-Estate Transactions)
- Risk Assessments: Water, Dust, and Soil Sampling
- X-Ray Fluorescence (Portable XRF Testing)
- Lead Project Management, Monitoring, and Design
- Clearance Inspections