A thorough report within all regulations
Los Angeles ASBESTOS Testing
Why you may need asbestos testing
Asbestos is a generic term referring to the unusual crystallization of a group of minerals, inorganic chemicals, with long, extremely strong, heat and chemical-resistant fibers. These minerals are all hydrated silicates that, when crushed or processed, separate into flexible fibers. These features of the mineral, its fibrous nature, resistance to deterioration, and great tensile strength are what makes asbestos so desirable and paradoxically, so dangerous.
Home buyers: An asbestos investigation is recommended in your standard escrow instructions. This investigation legally should be performed by a certified asbestos consultant.
Home owners: No one is more qualified or knowledgeable than a certified asbestos consultant for determining if your home is safe from asbestos.
Contractors: Current law requires that any material being disturbed during a renovation or demolition must be tested for asbestos by a certified asbestos consultant.
Employers: California law requires that warnings be given where hazardous materials may present a significant risk as defined by Proposition 65. This requires employers to determine these hazards including asbestos.
You can trust our process for asbestos testing
La Mold Testing Inc., will collect bulk samples of building materials to determine the presence of asbestos, air samples for clearance after completed abatement and/or for exposure assessments, and dust samples to assess potential contamination.
- Air and Bulk Sampling and Analysis
- Building Inspections and Surveys
- Asbestos Project Management, Monitoring and Design
- Procedure 5 (AQMD Rule 1403)
Building owners, employers and consumers are governed by a variety or federal, state, and local regulations which influence the way they must deal with asbestos in their facilities. Some of these regulations, particularly at the state and local level may change frequently. Following are a few of the promulgated regulations we currently follow:
- OSHA: 29 CFR 1926.58-Construction Industry Standard for Asbestos
- OSHA: 29 CFR 1910.1001-General Industry Standard for Asbestos
- OSHA: 29 CFR 1910.134-Respiratory Protection Standard
- EPA: 40 CFR 763 Subpart G-Worker Protection Rule
- EPA: 40 CFR 763 Subpart E-National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPS)
- EPA: 40 CFR 763 Subpart I-Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA)
- EPA: 40 CFR 61 Subpart M-Asbestos Ban and Phase-out Rule
- SCAQMD: Rule 1403-Asbestos Rule for Demolition and Renovation Activities (LA, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties)
- 8 CCR ยง1529-California worker protection standards for asbestos
Proposition 65-California warning requirements for hazards in building
SEE WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS
ARE SAYING ABOUT US ON YELP
Let’s Get in Touch
Address: 1920 Hillhurst Avenue #511 Los Angeles, CA 90027
We Offer 24/7/365 Superior Customer Care